Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Good Reads

An overall exhaustion has set in here as I enter the eighth month of pregnancy.  I've been waking up every 2-3 hours every night with one waking between 4 and 5 am where I can't go back to sleep till 6 or 7 am. I guess my body is practicing for when the baby comes.

When I can't get back to sleep, I pick up one in the pile of books I have on my bedside and do some reading until I can doze off again.


As if I didn't have enough to read, I want to add two new books to my collection that I'm very excited about.


Casual Vacancy - JK Rowling's novel out TODAY


The Mark of Athena - Rick Riordan's 3rd installement of the Lost Heroes series coming Oct. 2

I know you might understand why I want to read JK Rowling's new book though my hopes are not high because I've never read anything to top my love of Harry Potter and I don't think I ever will. The second one, you may not understand as well.  Rick Riordan is actually a children's author and I fell in love with this series when I was teaching 4th grade.  It's the next best children's series I've read after Harry Potter.... and I've been waiting about a year for this book to come out.  I know a few of my teacher and librarian friends have been too. Nerds unite!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear what you think about "The Casual Vacancy" from one Potter fan to another. I almost picked it up the other day and I couldn't bring myself to do it! I know it has nothing to do with my beloved Potter world but there's something about it! I'll have to check out Rick Riordan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure many of your students know the series! I'll be honest. I'm am not yet hooked on casual vacancy. I'm a few chapters in and kind of disappointed so far. Hopefully it'll turn around and become super engaging! Whether its good or not I had to read it to see for myself.

      Delete