Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Focusing on the Positive

If you've talked to me at any point through my pregnancy, you would have noticed that I'm not in love with being pregnant. And at 5 months when I told my friends how uncomfortable I was, they said, "You're uncomfortable NOW? Just wait till the end!" They were right.

This week has been especially tough. It became even more difficult to sleep through the night. I wake up every couple of hours and no matter what position I sleep in, I cannot get comfortable.  I started getting pains in my drums and thighs... I mean legs and thighs (I am getting ready to cook dinner). I have to walk very slowly when I'm out because of all the pressure and because my tummy feels like it's going to bust open.

Did I mention that I still have 6.5 weeks to go? (Insert appropriate emoticon here)

So this morning when I woke up and was still feeling tired because I really didn't get any restful sleep and had pains in my leg, I just went back to bed hoping to wake up feeling better. I woke up and didn't feel any better, but forced myself to go out. As I was driving, I was encouraged to have a better outlook on the day and to find the positive in everything. So, here's my list of awesome, positive things that happened today -

1. The nursery is nearly done. I'm waiting for one last item to come in the mail to hang up, the slip cover for the chair to come back from the dry cleaner and one bookcase to be spray painted. Then it's cleaning, setting up and settling in. Then I'll be able to post some photos! Here's a sneak peak. Excuse the mess...and the newspaper... and the abundance of blue painter's tape. Chris spent his entire Saturday nailing, drilling and leveling.


2. Gas is still expensive, but I still have 3/4 of a tank.
3. It is significantly cooler this week than last! At least the weather won't make my hot flashes WORSE.
4. The baby knows how to do summersaults - or something that feels like summersaults. I'm trying to spin this in a positive way because sometimes when he does these, I feel like he's going to break through my skin. 
5. Did some grocery shopping at Whole Foods and the employees are really nice there. Everyone greeted me with a smile and asked if I needed help in a not-overpushy-kind-of-way. Even the solicitors are nice there. The man collecting donations outside said, "Are you ready to have your baby?"  When I responded with an emphatic YES, he said, "Oh, your baby is going to be so lucky to have you as a mom!"  
6. I have a recipe for dinner tonight that involved olives, Chris' favorite. Let's just cross our fingers it turns out tasty!
7. An elderly man who was wearing a shirt that said NAVY across the front was walking past me at Ralphs and he said, "Hi! How are you today?" With no references to my big, preggo belly.
8. HIMYM is on tonight.
9. I bought an awesome present for Chris' birthday.

Time to make dinner! Stay positive and go watch HIMYM.


2 comments:

  1. I wanna know what the present is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's awesome for Chris! You'll have to come up to LA and see it. :)

    ReplyDelete