Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

Every year, our church has something called Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan's Purse. I'm sure many of you have heard of it or even participated in it.  All you do is fill a shoebox full of goodies, toys, gifts and daily necessities. These boxes are sent all over the world to needy children.

I used to make a box every year before I was married. Since Chris and I were married, we began making it a yearly tradition to make two boxes. One for a boy and one for a girl. When we have our baby, we'll probably add a third box to our yearly contribution. It's a lot of fun shopping for goodies to put in this box and praying for and wondering who the recipient will be.

Usually, you never find out because you turn the box into church and it gets shipped off to Samaritan's Purse where they sort and send the boxes off to where they are most needed. But, I found out this Sunday that if you pay for your shipping online, you can follow your box and see where it goes! How exciting is that? No, I probably won't get to see the child's face, but I will know which part of the world our box was shipped to. That's kind of neat!

So, here are our boxes, ready to be shipped off.  I can't wait to see where these end up!



No comments:

Post a Comment